Summer Tag Rugby
Summer Tag dates will be updated here in 2015.
Venue: Tuam Rugby Club, Garraun Park, Dublin Road, Tuam.
Team of 12:
Download a Registration Form:
Where is Tuam RFC?
Tuam RFC is at Garraun Park on the Dublin Road, see map below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Participants are obliged to wear approved Tag Rugby shorts. Shorts will be available to purchase on day of event. Alternatively, a limited supply of tag belts will be available on a loan basis at no charge. ITRA or IRFU approved shorts are also acceptable. Players should wear suitable footwear for the conditions and venue. Tuam RFC Tag committee reserves the right to remove players if footwear rules of a venue are breached. Jewellery, peaked caps or long fingernails are not permitted. Fingernails should be cut short to prevent injury to oneself and opposing players.
- Application forms must be completed and returned by 30th April along with €360 registration fee. All players must also sign in on the evening of each game prior to playing. Teams that have not signed in or paid the full fee will not be permitted to play. Each game will be 20 minutes a side and each team will have one game each wednesday. Fixtures and results will be emailed to teams and will also be available via the website. Tuam RFC Tag committee reserves the right to change kick-off times due to unforeseen circumstances. Tuam RFC Tag committee reserves the right to cancel any event due to unforeseen circumstances. In the above cases the affected team captains will be notified.
- Tag rugby is a non-contact sport and as with all sport there is a risk of injury. All players take part at their own risk and it is entirely at the discretion of each team and player whether or not to take part in the event as a whole or in any particular game. It is the decision and responsibility of each individual player to ensure he/she is fully covered in accordance with his/her specific needs when participating in Tag Rugby. Tuam RFC does not take any responsibility for any players and every player must sign the team sheet before each Tag event acknowledging this. Tuam RFC takes no responsibility for, and hereby, excludes liability to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any personal injury or loss or damage to any personal property sustained while playing Tag rugby or while present at Tuam RFC grounds.
- Tag Rugby is a non-contact social sport. All players who take part agree to play in a sporting manner. Tuam RFC Tag committee reserves the right to discipline individual players who show unacceptable behaviour to the referee, another team/player, venue manager of anyone else associated with the event. Tuam RFC Tag committee reserves the right to discipline the offending team by deducting points from their match score or, in extreme circumstances, by removing that team from the tournament with no refund.
- If a team fails to show for their match they must forfeit and the opposing team will be awarded a 20-nil winning score.
- The decision of the referee is final
- The Rules of the game are available on the Tuam RFC website
- Tuam RFC Tag committee reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at their discretion.